Chaudhary Randhir Singh: BA,MA(Hist), LLB, Politician, Social Worker & Writer; b July 1,1924, Vill. Bayanpur (Haryana); m Vijay Lakshmi, four s and three d; Educ. St. Stephen's College, Delhi Univ; Ex Governor of Sikkim; Ex Chairman, Punjab Praja Socialist Party (P.S.P); Ex- Member, National Exec of the P.S.P of India; Ex Delegate, Socialist International, Yangon (Myanmar); Ex- Gen Secy, Hind Kisan Panchayat of the P.S.P; Ex- Secy- Gen, United Front of Opposition Parties, Punjab; Ex Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha); Ex- Member; Privileges Corn, Lok Sabha , Govt Business Advisory Corn, Lok Sabha, Absence of Members from House Com, Lok Sabha, Select Com of Parliament on Drugs Bill, Select Corn of Parliament on Acquisition of Agriculture land, Exec, Congress Party in Parliament; Member, National Commission on agriculture 1970-76 ; Member, Agriculture Prices Commission, Govt. of India 1976-79, 1980-83, 1987-89 ; Ex- Member, Administrative Reforms Comm's LIC Study Group; Chairman: AICC Kisan Congress (Cell) 1969-86, AICC Land Reforms Panel; Ex- Sr. Vice Chairman and Secy- Gen, Farmers Parliamentry Form of India; Permanent Invitee, Cong (I) Working Com ; Member : AICC , Haryana Pradesh Cong Com and its Election Com ; Ex Chairman AICC (I) Socio- econ Advisory Com to the Cong President ; Ex Member: AICC (I) National Draught Relief Com- AICC (I) National Fanning Problems and Land Reforms Corn ; Ex President, Indian National Krishi Cong (Voluntary Org.) ; Ex Gen Secy :Haryana Education Soc, Kamla Nehru Shiksha Kendra, Rai Haryana, Ex Member : Punjab Univ Senate and syndicate, Punjab Univ. Finance Board, Punjab Univ Law College Mg Corn ; Chairman / Member of Various Govt. of India Working Groups and Coins ; Leader and Member of various Delegations to Foreign Countries ; Organized Sary Khap Panchayats in Haryana against social evils like wasteful expenditure on marriages and dowry system and popularizing inter- caste marriages and prohibition ; participated in Satyagarh and courted arrest 8 times after independence for various causes ; publs — Agriculture development in India after independence; Agriculture development in hilly areas of India ; Rural Electrification in India; Consolidation of Agriculture holdings in India ; Farmers Org in India ; Land Reclamation & Development of India ; Glimpses of Agri in India ; Glimpses of World Agri ; Farmers Champion Indira Gandhi ; Our Backward Areas ; Farming Imperatives ; Our Rural Poor ; Sikkim & Himalayas ; Man & God ; Perception Galore ; Sikkim (Socio-Cultural Peep) ; Baychara Kisan (Hapless Peasant); Our Tribals ; Our Governors ; Our Holy Gurus ; Bhagwad Geeta ; Threshing Floor to Rajbhawan ; Kargil Operations ; Nectar of Life ; Values Galore ; Code of Living; The Spark Within ; Awards Recipient of many awards. Address : G-11 Tara Apartments, Alaknanda, New Delhi -110019, India .
1 . Sheikh Brahm of Pak Patan asked Guru Nanak some instructions. The guru spoke on the subject of humility and Said that as water which resteth lowly on the earth rises under pressure into the air in sparkling fountains, so those who preserve an humble mind mount to God's highest pinnacle. The Sheikh said 0. Nanak thou hast found God. There is no difference between He and Thee. Kindly grant that I too may be on good terms with Him.
2. Love and respect are the only thing against which no one has any allergy. Disrespect a very cheap form of behavior, can be delivered instantly like shooting of an arrow, but the wound inflicted can take very long to heal. Giving and having respect are essential inputs for happiness and better world. We are not the body and mind but in reality we are a soul. Soul is a part of God. There is a soul in every living thing. We should begin to see God's light shining in all and should develop love for each one and every thing. Just as after great deal of humming and buzzing a bee ultimately gets the honey-comb or flower from which it sucks the sweet fragrance. So does the soil ultimately come to revel in consciousness of God and literally suck the bliss that flows from it.
3. The famous Rock edicts of Ashoka direct people to respect all religious. By talking ill of other religious, we harm and hurt our own religion. Let us have sympathetic understanding and appreciation of other faiths and have toleration and forbearance towards other faiths which from our point of view are irrational and unacceptable.
4. According to Swami Vivekananda if there was any thing in the world which could be called sin, it was fear. Fear is death, fear is sin, fear is hell, fear is wrong life. He wanted everyone to be fearless. He said that brave alone get great things done not the cowards. He can do anything and everything. We want infinite energy, infinite zeal, infinite courage. infinite patience and them only great things will be achieved. Every idea that strengthens us must be taken up and every thought that weaken us must be rejected. The remedy of weakness was not brooding over it but thinking of strength, stamping down weakness of mind, standing up and saying, "I am possessed of heroism, I am possessed of study intellect". According to Vivekananda history of the world is history of few men who had faith in Themselves. That faith calls out to the divinity within. We will be what we think. We must master strength to pass the examination of life with flying colors.
5.Lord Krishna said in Bhagwad Gita, "Your right is to action only and not to the fruits thereof ". This approach will relieve stress which no sophisticated therapy can. God has given us infinite power of mind and strong determination buttressed by iron gill of which success is an assumed goal. We should fuel our right action with fire of will power with patience, perseverance and toil we will be crowned with success and glory. Be caption of your destiny. Challenge and you were born together. You are more powerful than the challenge.
6.There are two distinct personalities in us the God and the Man. Detach yourself from manhood, you regain Godhood. Let us tumour gaze towards light within. Let us do the easier act of self surrender. The taller we are the longer shall be your shadow. Bend double, the shadow gets halved. Sit down, the shadow is still smaller. Fall flat at His feet in love and surrender and the shadow is no more and the shadow in us, this ego by surrendering unto Him- The Atma, the God and Self in us. Egoless ness is the state of Godhood. Attain this supreme goal of life through knowledge.
7. The ego- sense in us. is the source of all streams of mental drain. Ego is the bundle of memories of the past anxieties for the future and the excitement in the present. When the ego is surrendered, the flowing outlet of dissipation will be halted. Hatred. jealousy, passion etc. all such negative tendencies drain out our piece. equanimity, tranquility. These are positive values which enrich our inner vitality. Substitution of healthy ideas alone is the way to grow in our character- girth and personality dimension. Vedanta says wake up, arise and stop not till your goal is reached.
8. Kabir said, "I started looking for an evil man, but I did not find anyone. When I looked into my own heart. I found none more evil than myself'. Whatever good or bad things man does. is the result of him inner emotions. To conquer oneself is a greater victory than to conquer thousand battles.
9. the Prophet of Islam conferred self- respect upon the, poor. He established the institution of Zakat under God's orders to extend help to the poor needy and in distress standing at the entrance of heaven he saw that it was mostly the poor and the downtrodden who had been admitted in Heaven. He declared the emancipation of salves and adopted a slave as a son. The Prophet said one who kills an innocent man kills the whole mankind.
10. We must set up a free flow of forgiveness from within us, so that in the ravishing flood, we can flush out all our negative and suicidal disturbances. A man who is building himself up for the highest achievement must have the ability in plenty to forget the follies of others, around him. Let us learn to forgive and forget. It is good to forgive and the best to forget. Gaping holes created by worries, anxieties, tensions and excitements took the life forces in us. They plunder our strength and joy. Destroy these robbers. We should conserve our energies by intelligent re-orientation of our mental attitudes.
**Contents and Sample Pages**
Your email address will not be published *
Send as free online greeting card
for saving your wish list, viewing past orders, receiving discounts, and lots more...
Email a Friend