For extra-clean skin, brush your feet every day before you get into the bath. This will help shed dead skin cells and other forms of surface dirt. It should take five minutes to brush your feet. If your skin begins to feel sore and rough, you are probably brushing too hard.
Pumice has been found to be best solution to remove hard rough spots and stains from the body. This reconstituted pumice stone is best suited for the feet.
Six Steps to Fabulous Feet
1. Take off your shoes and wriggle your toes. Go barefoot - different surfaces stimulate circulation.
2. Soak your feet in a bowl of warm water with fizzy nail soak for about ten minutes. Add two to three drops of bubble bath or lavender oil for a relaxing effect.
3. While soaking, gently remove any hard skin by exfoliating with a pedicure file or pumice stone. Dry the feet thoroughly, particularly between the toes.
4. Clip the toenails straight across with a clipper or scissors, taking care not to cut them too short. Smooth sharp corners.
5. Soften cuticles with cuticle remover and use a cuticle stick wrapped in cotton wool to push them back gently. Gently buff the nails to make them since with a nail buffer.
6. For a final treat, massage in a moisturizing menthol or peppermint based lotion to cool, soothe and refresh. Put feet up for five minutes.