About the Book
This comprehensive dictionary is specially compiled keeping in mind the needs of students, professionals and general readers. First of its kind published by Oxford India, it draws upon Oxford's rich and varied tradition of publishing trusted and authoritative dictionaries throughout the world.
1. Includes an up-to-date word list of over 25,000 headwords and derivatives along with related phrases and idioms
2. Contains many frequently used words form current use
3. Gives pronunciation in an easy-to- understand format
4. Provides detailed grammatical information, especially on irregular nouns, verbs and adjectives
5. Covers variant and alternative spellings and pronunciations
6. Provides detailed definitions and synonyms in Hindi
7. Includes numerous examples of usage from authoritative sources which help to indicate 'how' particular words are used
8. Gives useful appendices on Roman numerals, weights and measures, and chemical elements
Dr.S.K.Verma is a highly regarded author and expert in the area of linguistics. He has been professor of Linguistics & Contemporary English and Vice-Chancellor of the Central institute of English and Foreign Language, Hyderabad.
Dr.R.N.Sahai is an expert in linguistics and lexicography. He has been professor at the Central institute of Hindi Agra.
Children’s Books (472)
Send as free online greeting card
Email a Friend