To perform this Pujaa, the following articles should be collected:
• Four Stemps of the banana trees.
• Five mango leaves (green).
• A kalash (round ea rthen vessel filled with water and covered with mango leaves).
• Rice, camphor, dhoop (al in small quantities) & some tulsi leaves.
• Fruits for Prasaad.
• Clothes for the Lord.
• Sacred thread (red coloured, hand-made).
• A Murti (image) or a picture of the Lord.
• A lamp filled with ghee and a wick made of cotton.
Panchaamrita- made by mixing milk, honey, curd, ghee and brown sugar.
The most auspicious day for the performance of this Pujaa is on the day of the Full-Moon.
The Murti (image) should be placed on a low platform and covered with a red cloth. The platform should be decorated with banana stems and mango leaves formed like a canopy.
The person performing the Pujaa should have a bath and dress in clean clothes. He should sit and meditate and then light the lamp. He should then offer all the articles mentioned above to the Lord and after bowing with reverence, should read the scripture of the Lord.
Note: In foreign countries where all the articles are not available, they can be substituted with alike pure things. The main theme in a Pujaa is the devotion and reverence in the heart of the devotee.
Children’s Books (51)
Brahma Sutras (85)
Send as free online greeting card
Email a Friend