• A variety of luxury, mid-range and budget hotels from the choicest tourist destinations (Goa, Kerala, Rajasthan.) and less explored havens (Coorg. Kumaon) across the country
• A snappy 2-line overview in the beginning of each chapter to help you decide if that hotel is for you. Followed by first-hand experiences of our writers as they visit and experience the place
• Descriptions of the accommodation and food arrangements in each hotel
• Detailed information on each hotel: contact numbers, websites emails, how to book your rooms, best seasons to visit, places nearby
• Detailed facilities’ checklists of services available, such as TVs in rooms, room service, in-house restaurant/ ban dining room, spa/ massages, swimming pool, travel assistance, sightseeing arrangements, babysitting, games and so on.
• Information on how to get to your hotel by air, rail or road. Route guides that help you get there.
• I Special indexes to help you pick your hotel: each hotel indexed cost-wise as ‘luxury’, ‘midrange’ or ‘budget’, and category-wise as ‘beach- side’, ‘heritage’, ‘hill retreats’ and morePhotographs to help you make up your mind.
You'll notice we have chosen to not call this book a guide
to the best 'hotels' in the country. Those who've made the
grade here are worlds away from the impersonal
experience of your average hotel. These are 'getaways'
with a lot of personality, most run with intelligence.
passion, commitment and personal involvement from
the owners, who often double up as hands-on managers.
Which makes all the difference.
Many of our chosen retreats celebrate their location
on beaches, in plantations. or next to forests with such
abandon that they feel it meaningless to have TVs in
rooms. Some of them are located so away from it all that
you might have to do without your mobile signal. Yet
others are initiatives of enterprising people who have
turned their homes-in delicious corners of Coorg or
Himachal or Rajasthan - into home stays where they
share their hospitality. Traditional cuisine and ways of life with you.
But we've also got you resorts that cater to every
luxury you may want and to the whims of every
member of your family. There are dreamy spots for
honeymoons, once-in-a-lifetime splurges, or perhaps
for that 25th anniversary celebration? The tourism
hotspots of the country - Rajasthan. Coa and Kerala
- do get a big slice of representation but we've also
focussed on the fantastic potential of places like Coorg.
Kumaon and the Nilgiris.
With the help of these pages you can go hiking, trekking.
rafting. camping, diving, snorkelling, boa ling. house-
boating, birdwatching, wildlife-spotting, water-skiing,
horse riding. tea plucking .... But. Just as often, you can
sink into a couch and get massaged. Lie in a hammock
and read books. Sit on the sands and hold hands ... Be
warned. You'll become really good at doing nothing.
Art & Culture (780)
Emperor & Queen (486)
Send as free online greeting card
Email a Friend